Mexican Hot Cocoa Bombs
Makes 4 Hot Cocoa Bombs
INGREDIENTS (divided, for use)
1 cup bittersweet baking chips
4 tablespoons Mexican Hot Cocoa Mix:
1/4 cup baking cocoa, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar,
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
pepper, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
4 heaping tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 heaping tablespoons mini marshmallows
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
Steamed milk, for serving
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave safe plate
Handstand Kitchen® I ❤️ COCOA Deluxe Cocoa Bomb and Hot Chocolate Set
- Silicone cocoa bomb mold
- Melting pot with lid
- Fill melting pot with 1/2 cup bittersweet baking chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon melted chocolate into each cavity.
- Brush the chocolate evenly over bottom and up sides of each cavity.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Rinse out melting pot and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, until chocolate has set.
- Carefully pop chocolate shells out of mold; place on parchment paper.
- Fill half of chocolate shells with 1 heaping tablespoon each of Mexican Hot Cocoa Mix, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in microwave for 1 minute or until very warm.
- Place open side of each remaining shell down onto warm plate to soften edges.
- Press each top shell down gently onto a filled bottom shell, fitting halves together to seal to make round cocoa bombs.
- Use brush dipped in melted chocolate to smooth out the seam, if necessary.
- Thoroughly clean melting pot. Fill with white chocolate chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted. Allow to cool down some.
- Dip a spoon into melted white chocolate and drizzle over each chocolate bomb, to decorate.
- Refrigerate cocoa bombs until ready to serve.
To serve: place one cocoa bomb in large mug. Slowly pour steaming hot milk over the top and watch the cocoa bomb open! Stir and enjoy.