Hot Mocha Bombs
Makes 4 Hot Mocha Bombs
INGREDIENTS (divided, for use)
1 cup bittersweet chocolate baking chips
4 heaping tablespoons instant expresso coffee
4 heaping tablespoons hot chocolate mix
4 heaping tablespoon semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
Steamed milk, for serving
Whipped cream and grated chocolate, for topping if desired
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave safe plate
Melting pot with lid or microwave safe clear glass bowl
Handstand Kitchen® Silicone Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold
- Fill melting pot (or microwave safe clear glass bowl) with 1/2 cup semi-sweet baking chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon melted chocolate into each cavity.
- Brush the chocolate evenly over bottom and up sides of each cavity. Use scraper to smooth edges across the tops.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Rinse out melting pot (or glass bowl) and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, until chocolate has set.
- Carefully pop chocolate shells out of mold; place on parchment paper.
- Fill half of the chocolate shells with 1 heaping tablespoon each of instant expresso powder, hot cocoa mix and mini chocolate chips.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in microwave for 1 minute or until very warm.
- Place open side of each remaining shell down onto warm plate to soften edges.
- Press each top shell down gently onto a filled bottom shell, fitting halves together to seal to make round mocha bombs.
- Use brush dipped in melted chocolate to smooth out the seam, if necessary.
- Refrigerate mocha bombs until ready to serve
To serve: place one mocha bomb in large mug. Slowly pour steaming hot milk over the top and watch the mocha bomb open! Stir and top with a dollop of whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.