Red Velvet Hot Cocoa Bombs
Makes 4 Hot Cocoa Bombs
INGREDIENTS (divided, for use)
1 cup red candy melts
4 heaping tablespoons instant hot cocoa mix
4 heaping tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 heaping tablespoons mini marshmallows
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
Red decorating sugar crystals
Steamed milk, for serving
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave safe plate
Melting pot with lid or microwave safe clear glass bowl
Handstand Kitchen® Silicone Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold
- Fill melting pot (or microwave safe clear glass bowl) with 1/2 cup red candy melts; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until candies are just melted.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon melted red candy mixture into each cavity.
- Brush evenly over bottom and up sides of each cavity. Use scraper to smooth edges across the tops.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Rinse out melting pot (or glass bowl) and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, until shells have set.
- Carefully pop shells out of mold; place on parchment paper.
- Fill half of the shells with 1 heaping tablespoon each of hot cocoa mix, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in microwave for 1 minute or until very warm.
- Place open side of each remaining shell down onto warm plate to soften edges.
- Press each top shell down gently onto a filled bottom shell, fitting halves together to seal to make round cocoa bombs.
- Use brush dipped in melted red mixture to smooth out the seam, if necessary.
- Thoroughly clean melting pot (or glass bowl). Fill with white chocolate baking chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted. Allow to cool down some.
- Dip a spoon into melted chips and drizzle over each chocolate bomb; sprinkle with red decorating sugar crystals.
- Refrigerate cocoa bombs until ready to serve.
To serve: place one cocoa bomb in large mug. Slowly pour steaming hot milk over the top and watch the cocoa bomb open! Stir and enjoy.