Fireside S'mores Hot Cocoa Bombs
Makes 4 Hot Cocoa Bombs
INGREDIENTS (divided, for use)
1 cup bittersweet chocolate baking chips
4 heaping tablespoons instant milk chocolate hot cocoa mix with marshmallows
4 heaping tablespoons mini milk chocolate chips
8 regular marshmallows
1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
Steamed milk, for serving
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave safe plate
Melting pot with lid or microwave safe clear glass bowl
Handstand Kitchen® Silicone Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold
- Fill melting pot (or microwave safe clear glass bowl) with 1/2 cup bittersweet baking chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon melted chocolate into each cavity.
- Brush the chocolate evenly over bottom and up sides of each cavity. Use scraper to smooth edges across the tops.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Rinse out melting pot (or glass bowl) and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, until chocolate has set.
- Carefully pop chocolate shells out of mold; place on parchment paper.
- Fill half of the chocolate shells with 1 heaping tablespoon each of hot cocoa mix, mini chocolate chips and 2 regular marshmallows.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in microwave for 1 minute or until very warm.
- Place open side of each remaining shell down onto warm plate to soften edges.
- Press each top shell down gently onto a filled bottom shell, fitting halves together to seal to make round cocoa bombs.
- Use brush dipped in melted chocolate to smooth out the seam, if necessary.
- To decorate: Prepare Marshmallow Glaze (see below). Drizzle over the cocoa bombs. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate cocoa bombs until ready to serve.
For Marshmallow Glaze:
Mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Melt 3 tablespoons unsalted butter and 1/4 cup water in a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups mini marshmallows; stir until completely melted, 1–2 minutes. Whisk into sugar mixture. Allow glaze to cool down some before drizzling over cocoa bombs.
To serve: place one cocoa bomb in large mug. Slowly pour steaming hot milk over the top and watch the cocoa bomb burst open! Stir and enjoy.