Classic Hot Cocoa Bombs
Makes 4 Hot Cocoa Bombs
INGREDIENTS (divided, for use)
1 cup bittersweet baking chips
4 heaping tablespoons instant hot cocoa mix
4 heaping tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 heaping tablespoons mini marshmallows
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
Steamed milk, for serving
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave safe plate
Silicone melting pot with lid or microwave safe clear glass bowl
Handstand Kitchen® Silicone Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold
- Fill melting pot (or microwave safe clear glass bowl) with 1/2 cup bittersweet baking chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon melted chocolate into each cavity.
- Brush the chocolate evenly over bottom and up sides of each cavity. Use scraper to smooth edges across the tops.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Rinse out melting pot (or glass bowl) and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes, until chocolate has set.
- Carefully pop chocolate shells out of mold; place on parchment paper.
- Fill half of the chocolate shells with 1 heaping tablespoon each of hot cocoa mix, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in microwave for 1 minute or until very warm.
- Place open side of each remaining shell down onto warm plate to soften edges.
- Press each top shell down gently onto a filled bottom shell, fitting halves together to seal to make round cocoa bombs.
- Use brush dipped in melted chocolate to smooth out the seam, if necessary.
- Thoroughly clean melting pot (or glass bowl). Fill with white chocolate chips; attach lid.
- Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power and stir. Repeat until chips are just melted. Allow to cool down some.
- Dip a spoon into melted white chocolate and drizzle over each chocolate bomb, to decorate.
- Refrigerate cocoa bombs until ready to serve.
To serve: place one cocoa bomb in large mug. Slowly pour steaming hot milk over the top and watch the cocoa bomb open! Stir and enjoy.