Go Bananas for Banana Muffins or Loaf
Go Bananas for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (or Mini Muffins)!
**Best when used with Ultimate Bakers Set!
Makes: 3 (3”x 5 ¾”) mini loaves or 18 mini muffins
Measuring cups and spoons
Mini loaf pan (5 ¾” x 3”) or mini cupcake pan with mini silicone muffin liners
2 large mixing bowls
1 small bowl
Electric stand or hand mixer
2 teaspoons coconut or canola oil
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 medium overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Using a pastry brush, thoroughly grease the loaf pan (or mini muffin pan with mini silicone liners) with 2 teaspoons of oil. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until well mixed.
- With mixer on low speed, add bananas and vanilla extract, beating until well mixed.
- In separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into banana mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Carefully pour 1/3 of batter into greased mini loaf pan (or about 1 tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin liner).
- Place loaf pan (or mini muffin pan), on baking sheet, into oven. Bake for 33 to 38 minutes (about 14 minutes for mini muffins), or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Using oven mitt, carefully remove pan from oven and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing banana bread from loaf pan (or mini muffins from pan). For bread: slice with a bread knife and serve warm or at room temperature. (repeat steps 9-11 to make two more mini loaves or additional mini muffins.)